27 Questions to Ask an Outsourcing Agency
Sunday, July 2, 2017
Outsourcing can be a cost-effective way for you to manage a function of your organization that you lack the expertise to do properly. It can also free up a chunk of your time that you can then refocus toward your mission. However, outsourcing is a business relationship that requires communication and preparation. Taking the time to interview an outsourcer before you sign a contract will ensure that you’re making the best choice for your organization. In that spirit, here are a list of 27 questions to help you interview a potential candidate.
What to ask about the company:
- What makes your company different from other outsourcing options?
- How long have you been providing your services?
- Do you have client testimonials?
- What percentage of clients would refer you?
- What makes your services worth the investment?
- What security measures do you have in place to protect your clients?
- How will you meet the needs of my organization?
- How often would I receive communication from you if I were a client?
- How many individuals will work on my account?
- What type of oversight will my account have?
- How long would it take your company to become familiar with my account? To completely take over my function?
- How often do you train your employees?
- How can I be sure you are up to day on nonprofit regulations and requirements?
- How will problems with my account be addressed?
- If your company makes a mistake, how will that be dealt with? Will I be notified immediately?
- What if my needs change?
- Will I be reimbursed if you are responsible for an error?
- Who can I contact to provide feedback on my experiences?
- What would my obligations as your client be?
- How much time would I need to devote to working with your employees?
- Would I have deadlines to meet?
- Will I still have access to my records?
- Will I be required to sign a contract?
- What is the minimum duration of the contract?
- Will I be charged for canceling early? At the end of my contract?
- What services are not covered under my contract?
- Will I be made aware if a service I desire comes at an extra fee?
What to ask about YOUR role:
What to ask about contract obligations: