Have you met our client? She’s the First
The women of She's the First are unfailingly positive, spreading optimism and hope throughout the globe. The drive with which they tackle their mission is inspiring, and they are an absolute joy to work with. They want to see the girls of today become successful women of tomorrow, and we couldn't agree with them more.
She's the First sponsors girls' education in low-income countries, with the goal of creating more first-generation graduates, and forging the next generation of strong, empowered global leaders. To fulfill this mission, She's the First mobilizes supporters to fund scholarships. By harnessing technology and social media, they are committed to connecting sponsors and scholars around the world in innovative, mutually beneficial ways to foster mentorship, philanthropy, equality, and leadership.
By focusing on girls in underdeveloped countries they hope to break the cycle of poverty. In the developing world, only one in every five girls will finish primary school. However, young women who complete even one extra year of primary schooling can earn 10 to 20 percent more than their counterparts. Those who continue on to a secondary education can expect a whopping 18 percent increase in future wages.
Not only do these increases have the power to change the economy of developing nations, they also drastically improve the lives of the educated women. Sponsoring a young woman helps her live a healthier life, one in which she resists relationships that lead to domestic violence, delays marriage and childbirth into adulthood, and secures a job that earns her higher wages, allowing her to break the cycle of poverty.
How You Can Help
It is my belief that the fundraising campaigns of She's the First are second only to their passion and love for the young women they hope to assist. They understand their donors and make a concerted effort to provide multiple ways to donate and fundraise, supplying a little bit of something for everyone. For example:
- If you love baking (or just eating) cupcakes, you can participate in their yearly Cupcake Campaign.
- More of the active type (or need to work off your cupcake sugar high), you can join in on their fitness Run the World Campaign.
- Love to shop designer duds? You can visit their shop on Fashion Project and find steals from BCBG, Kate Spade, Theory, and other top designers while donating 55% of your purchase to their mission.
- Need to clean out your closet? You can donate your designer items to the Fashion Project on behalf of She's the First. Not only will they send you a bag with paid shipping, but your items will be sold to generate funds for a girl's education.
- You can also donate straight on their site, where they break down exactly how much a girl's education costs per country, and as little as $25 a month can fund a girl's education.
No matter how you participate, you'll never have to wonder where your donation goes; they post their 990s and financial information on their site year over year. One-hundred percent of any donations made to the scholarship fund are applied directly to girls' sponsorships, as the organization collects funding for their U.S. programming and operational expenses separately.
The positive attitudes, uplifting campaigns, and powerful mission of She's the First make them an easy client to love. Connect with them on Facebook and Twitter, and view their mission on shesthefirst.org to see what we're talking about.