Being a B Corp Matters to Jitasa
We are excited to announce our B Corp recertification. Our name means “The Spirit of Serving Others,” and being a B Corporation allows us to display our commitment to our community. As a B Corporation, we:
- Are committed to higher standards: we care about our impact and are passionate about volunteerism, transparency, and improving our environmental and social impact.
- Are devoted to our values: Jitasa is committed to being conscientious, disciplined, and gracious with our clients, our business models and each other. Being a B Corp is just one way we adhere to these values. Allowing an official third party to analyze our business provides an objective look at our commitment.
- Care about our SROI: The technical definition of SROI is "an approach to understanding and managing the value of the social, economic, and environmental outcomes created by an activity or organization." More simply, it is a business's ability to create measurable value in these arenas. Jitasa has a measureable SROI of roughly 20 million dollars.
- Put our time and money where our hearts are: B Corp’s are 2.5x more likely to give employees at least 20 hours per year paid time off to volunteer. At Jitasa employees are given 40 hours paid time off a year to help others, and since January have completed over 250 hours volunteering and supporting missions they are passionate about.
- Prove our commitment: Becoming a B Corp is hard work, in order to recertify we’ve had to pass a rigorous score card that focuses on our mission, structure, impact, and transparency.
To view the other 1,035 great companies that have become B Corporations visit:
Renata Poe Massie, Content Creator for Jitasa